What are enhanced and complex fostering placements?
Looked After Children who are referred to our Enhanced Fostering Service are likely to have had previous placement breakdowns whereby traditional style of foster placements have been unsuccessful or the child is in need of a therapeutic foster placement.
Alternatively, some of our young people have successfully completed treatment in a more restrictive setting such as a residential home and are ready to step-down into a family environment. We are also finding increased referrals in breakdowns adoption and children requiring enhanced placements.
The following is a glance at the types of referral that we are receiving from Local Authorities where children are experiencing levels of:
- Our Enhanced fostering service is for our most troubled and traumatised children and young people.
- ARC is a trauma awareness programme for foster parents for children aged three to seventeen who present with significant and psychological issues.
- We are currently developing existing carers and recruiting new carers for our Enhanced fostering service and we welcome your interest to progress this.
- We provide an intensive level of support, supervision and training through using the power of psychology.
- We have invested heavily in the ARC model of therapeutic parenting to ensure our children and young people receive the very best possible care.